Kellie Pickler holding a guitar case at DWTS rehearsal








Biography for
Kellie Pickler

Date of Birth: 28 June 1986, Albemarle, North Carolina, USA
Birth Name: Kellie Dawn Pickler
Nickname: Kelsie,
Pickles Height: 5' 1" (1.55 m)


Mini Biography
Kellie Pickler was born in Albemarle, North Carolina to Cynthia Morton and Clyde "Bo" Raymond Pickler, Jr. Kelley's mother left when she was 2 but was then granted custody for two years. She was returned to her grandparents (Clyde Raymond Pickler, Sr., Faye Pickler) at age 12. Kellie's father was in and out of jail throughout her childhood. She was raised by her grandparents in Albemarle, North Carolina. Her grandparents were big influences in her life. 
 
She has a half-brother named Eric, a half-sister, Courtney, and a half brother, Michael; however, she has never met Michael. Her grandmother died in January, 2002 from lung cancer and Kellie continued to lived with her grandfather and her younger brother, Eric. She graduated in 2004 from North Stanly High School in New London, North Carolina, being a cheerleader and beauty queen. In 2005, Kellie tried out for "American Idol" (2002) and was sent to Hollywood. She sang many famous songs, including "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, "A Broken Wing" by Martina McBride, and "Blame it on the Sun" by Stevie Wonder. 
 
She was one of Simon's favorites, but was eliminated in the Final 6. But this didn't stop her singing career. Kellie came back to Carolina and was given a key to the city on May 6, 2006, which was also called "Kellie Pickler Day". She then went to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her dreams. In 2007, she was signed to a record deal named 19 Recordings/BNA Records. From there on, Kellie wrote and sang many songs that hit top charts, including "Red High Heels", "I Wonder", "Things that Never Cross a Man's Mind", "Don't You Know Your Beautiful, "You Didn't Know How Much I Loved You" and "The Best Days of Your Life".


Spouse
Kyle Jacobs (1 January 2011 - present)


Trade Mark
Red high heels

 
Trivia
Former roommate of fellow "American Idol" (2002) contestant, Katharine McPhee.

Was a former Sonic waitress.

Finished 6th on "American Idol" (2002) in 2005.

Hometown: Albemarle, North Carolina

Enjoys music by Keith Urban and Kelly Clarkson

She can also dance and perform gymnastics.

Her first single "Red High Heels" from her debut album "Small Town Girl" under BNA Records was released September 13, 2006.

Received first Gold Record for debut album "Small Town Girl" on January 18, 2007 on "The View" (1997) and was presented by Rosie O'Donnell.

Close friends with Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.

Considers Dolly Parton her idol. She once met Dolly, due to a set up by her record label.

Raised 50,000 dollars for charity on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (2007/I).

A fan of the music by Queen.

Actively supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and many other charities.

Has three dogs named MooMoo, Pixie, Maddie, a monkey named Bella, a snake, and a cat named Pickles.

Is a vegetarian.

Has a half brother named Eric, a half sister, Courtney, and a half brother, Michael, however, she has never met Michael.

 
Personal Quotes
"Dolly is a legend. Jessica is so beautiful. I take it as a big compliment when people put me beside them." About being compared to Dolly Parton & Jessica Simpson on the Idol red carpet.

"This is the first time I became famous. I'm gonna be on shows like TRL and VH1!" On her success after making it to the top 6 in the show.

I've seen my whole family struggle, with money, with relationships, with alcohol, and I thought there must be a better way. As you mature, you realize you don't choose your parents. It's not your fault what they do and you should not be ashamed.

I've always been comfortable in front of people. I've always been the joker, the class clown. Music and laughter is how I dealt with everything. I'd rather laugh about it than cry about it.

Of all the things I have been through in my life, the hardest thing I've ever gone through is the loss of my grandmother. She was always there for me, and then she was gone.

We are in a world where people want to find out the worst possible things about someone. It's never anything good. With the 5th Grader show, no one even recognized that I won $50,000 for my charity. It was never attention on anything good I did. Hell, I don't know the capital of Hungary. I don't know many people that do. I can't control what people say about me. I'm not stupid. If was stupid, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now.

I remember my mother and I were in the kitchen and I said, 'I wish God would take me away, I'd much rather be dead than live here with you.' She took a knife out, set it on the counter and said, 'Here, do it then.' I was in fourth grade. Of course I never would have acted upon it, but it's done a lot of emotional scarring.

Happiness has been about surrounding myself with positive people who love me, inspire me and lift me up. If I take in positive energy, then that's what I put back out into the universe.
Rate this posting:
{[['']]}

0 comments:

Post a Comment